2.1 DESIGN PROBLEM DEFINITION
In what way might I...
- navigate in the dark?
- provide light to see?
- provide light to see without disturbing others?
- provide light to find my way to my bed after others have gone to sleep?
- use a wearable flashlight to discreetly illuminate my path in the dark?
2.2 USER NEEDS
The object is visually appealing
- The object is stylish
- The object blends in with normal clothes
- The object matches most or any outfits
- The object works equally for men and women, or has versions
- ! It will have multiple color options
- ! The object can tell time
The object provides illumination
- The object provides enough light to clearly see where to go
- The object will not disturb sleeping people
- The light is directable
- The light will have different color options
- ! The object will have different illumination settings
- The object allows the user to read a book
- ! The object can't be seen through a stage curtain
- Has a blinking setting
- ! Reacts to music/sound
- ! Notifies the user of phone calls/texts
The object has a good form factor
- It is comfortable
- It is adjustable to fit different wrist sizes
- It is wearable for long hours
- ! It has a stand to be used by itself
- ! Can be collapsed into a light stick
The object is reliable
- The object is rugged
- The object won't be destroyed by light jostling or splashes
- Any battery will last for several weeks of use
- ! Object has self-charging batteries
- Object can be worn in a pool or in the shower
2.3 VISUAL EXPRESSION II - 2D SKETCHES