Gap: In what way may I provide light to see without disturbing others?
- The object is visually appealing
- The object provides illumination
- The object has a good form factor
- The object is reliable
My goal is to find a way to navigate my room after dark without disturbing my roommate.
6.1 ALPHA PROTOTYPE
Design Direction: I will be pursuing a bracelet-based design. Using a wrist-based solution allows the device to assist in whatever you're doing, without flooding the room in light.
My current concept is derived from my concept 3.
Refinements to Make for Beta
- Use red LED instead of white. Red light preserves your night vision, is less disturbing to others, and can help you sleep better.
- Use a more compact power source. The current power comes from a somewhat large battery.
- Add another LED to the circuit.
- Add a switch to the circuit.